WHY DO THE MARRIAGE COURSE?
Regular check-ups help a car run smoothly and reduce the risk of breakdown. The best sports professionals spend hours being coached and perfecting their technique. The greatest achievements in life take practice, training and dedication.
It is the same with marriage & life together. A strong, loving and lifelong relationship doesn’t happen by chance. It takes effort and dedication to keep the fun and romance alive. We can all learn how to make even the happiest marriage/commitment better.
“We really needed the opportunity it provided us to get out, focus on our marriage, and have some uninterrupted conversations! We will be going back through all the lessons together in a couple of weeks to ensure that we have made the most of it. And I expect we will be going back to the manual from time to time in the coming years.
We are so grateful to have had this opportunity and felt really spoiled… Thank you!” – Paul & Donna
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE NIGHT?
We begin with welcoming nibbles, followed by coffee/tea while listening to practical talks that are informative and fun, given live or played on DVD. Later in the evening you will be served with a delicious dessert, there are also options if you have different dietary requirements.
EACH SESSION INCLUDES:
• Fantastic atmosphere that many say feels like a date night. A great atmosphere and a friendly welcome.
• Nibbles at a romantic table for two giving you space to relax and chat. You will be served with a candlelit dessert and coffee/tea etc.
• Practical talks that are informative and fun, played on DVD. They include filmed clips of couples sharing their own experiences and street interviews from around the world.
• Coffee and private discussion time as a couple. You will be given topics to discuss (sometimes with the help of an exercise). Music is played so you can’t hear couples on other tables and they can’t hear you!
• No group work, so relax – you will not have to share anything about your relationship with anyone else.
• Homework – at the end of each session you are given some homework to do together. This will help you to build on what you have learnt and give you the opportunity to apply it to your relationship. Don’t worry – it won’t be marked! It isn’t looked at by anyone else and is just for your own benefit.
Loved the themes, food, and gifts at the end of the session. You made us feel very special! Really enjoyed the date feel to the night.” Nick & Steff
WHO IS IT FOR?
Are you married or in a long-term cohabiting relationship? Have you been together for over a year? Would you like your relationship to be the best it can be?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of those questions then this course is for you!
• The Marriage Course is for any couple, whether you have been together for one year or 61 years and whether you feel you have a strong relationship or are struggling.
• If you have a strong marriage this course will help you make it even better and will reinforce your good habits.
• If on the other hand your marriage is in difficulty, the course will help provide you with very practical tools to help you work through the issues. Some couples who are separated have used the course as a way of trying to get back together.
We have a support team and counsellor available if you need extra support. Our team are all part of the CRC family and our focus is on serving and making your seven sessions positive, relaxing and supported. We have no agendas other than building stronger relationships between you and your partner.
“Wasn’t sure I would enjoy watching videos but fantastic quality of material, beautifully and clearly presented, backed up with a nice personal touch of real life case studies. Great balance!” Scotty & Jo
While The Marriage Course is based on Christian principles, it is designed for couples with or without a Christian faith. Many couples who are not churchgoers have commented that the Christian content was presented in a way that did not make them uncomfortable at all.
The Marriage Course was developed by Nicky and Sila Lee, co-authors of The Marriage Book and The Parenting Book. They have been married for over thirty years, have four children and are on the staff at Holy Trinity, Brompton – the London church that started the Alpha course. They have spoken to thousands on the subject of marriage and are the co-authors of The Marriage Book which has sold over 210,000 copies since it was published in 2000.
“The course was a precious gift to us, has truly enriched our marriage , and given us more tools to bless others with.” Andrew & Megan
Reserve your place today by filling in the form above, please be aware we have only 10 couple slots available.
If you have any other Questions, please call Scotty on 0210377216 or at firstname.lastname@example.org